Deadline for submissions: September 5
This year’s Arts on Division Festival in downtown Somerville will be held September 15 through 18, coinciding with the annual JazzFest. As part of the event, Arts on Division will hold a special exhibition entitled “Somerville Perspectives.”
Artists are invited to enter artwork expressing any facet of Somerville life – the diverse population, interesting architecture, downtown, parks, town events, historic sites – any part of the community that has a particular meaning for you. The deadline to submit artwork is September 1. However, we strongly recommend not waiting until the last minute, as space is limited.
Gallery on Main is delighted to host the exhibition, which will run through the Festival weekend and continue for another two weeks, through October 1. An opening reception will be held at Gallery on Main on Thursday, September 15 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
As space is somewhat limited, we are accepting hanging works that are no larger than 12 x 18 inches, framed. For exhibit guidelines and to enter your work for consideration, visit Arts on Division's website.
- One piece of work per submission, no larger than 12 x 18 inches, framed and ready to hang, from each artist.
- All types of media are acceptable: Paintings, drawings, prints, collage, photographs. Artists may submit a print of their original work.
- Prints for the portfolio bin will also be accepted, no larger than 12 x 18 inches.
- A 40% commission on sales will be paid to Arts on Division, a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The deadline to submit artwork is September 5, however space is limited so entering earlier is encouraged.